Returning to College Scholarship Application
We award a $3,000 scholarship (no cash value, back to the recipient) to a local woman who is returning to school to further her education. It is paid directly to the financial aid office during active enrollment over two semesters (approximately July 2024 and January 2025) at $1,500 per semester. Funds are non-transferable. You may use the scholarship dollars for the following expenses only:
- Tuition for an accredited college or trade school for the 2024 – 2025 school year
- Lab fees
SPECIFIC CRITERIA: To qualify for the PWR Scholarship Program, recipients must meet all the following criteria:
- Must be a female residing in southwest Riverside County (Temecula, Murrieta, Wildomar, Menifee, Lake Elsinore, Hemet, Winchester) who is already enrolled in a college or must have already submitted a college application prior to submitting this scholarship application.
- Must be attending college throughout the period the scholarship will be awarded.
- Have community involvement
- Have overcome some sort of adversity
- Have a commitment to success, whether it be college or trade school
To Apply: Please complete the following items online at www.pwronline.org-deadline 4:00 p.m. April 24th, 2024. Submissions online confirm your consent to online interactions.
- Complete page 1 of this application.
- In 1 typed page, give us a personal statement describing any relevant information about yourself, your community involvement, where you’re planning to attend in the fall, and your educational and professional goals.
- In 1-2 typed pages, describe your most difficult challenge and how you overcame it.
- A copy of your unofficial transcript (if applicable)
If you are unable to complete the application online, please print from our website and deliver the completed application packet to:
PWR Scholarship Committee
Attn: Sandy Word
Which Wich? Superior Sandwiches
24635 Madison Ave., Ste C
Murrieta, CA 92562
(619) 504-7871 (Cell)
Or by email to: PWRscholarship@gmail.com
The entire scholarship application packet must be received, online at www.pwronline.org, in person at 24635 Madison Ave., Ste C, Murrieta CA 92562 or via email, on or before 4:00 PM on Wednesday April 24, 2024. Any application received after this time will NOT qualify. We are not responsible for late or undelivered mail/email. You can drop off the application at the Which Wich? Superior Sandwiches if you choose to walk it in.
The Committee may request a personal interview to assist in making their final determinations.
Finalists will be notified by telephone or email by May 15, 2024. If you are chosen for our scholarship, we will award it at our PWR luncheon on Thursday, June 6, 2024. The luncheon will begin at 11:15 a.m. and conclude at 1:00 p.m. You should plan to be there by 11:00 a.m. and stay until about 1:30 p.m. for pictures and mentor assignment (mentor assignment is optional).
If you are awarded our scholarship, evidence of enrollment in a college or trade school must be provided to Sandy Word, Scholarship Co-Chair. Failure to provide Sandy in writing of the school you have enrolled in by June 15, 2024, may result in forfeiture of your scholarship. It is recommended you keep a copy of this application for future reference.
Scholarship funds cannot not be applied toward student loans, prior semesters or future semesters outside the scholarship award period. Funds are non-transferable and shall not be received in the form of cash; any unused amounts shall be forfeited.
Thank you for your interest in the Professional Women’s Roundtable. To learn more about our organization, please visit our website, www.pwronline.org, attend one of our monthly luncheons, or follow us on Facebook or Instagram.
In addition to the financial scholarship, we keep in touch with our scholarship winners through our mentorship program.
Disclaimer: PWR reserves the right to alter, expand or contract the qualifications and requirements stated herein or elsewhere without prior notice. Submission of an application does not guarantee acceptance. Information submitted in an application is subject to verification and considered non-confidential. False information will result in automatic rejection. Failure to comply with any terms may result in forfeiture of the scholarship in whole and/or part.